Sponsored by ProView/John Soules Foods
About the Contest
- Recipe submissions will be accepted from
April 1st, 2019 until June 1st , 2019.
- Must follow the recipe requirements found below.
- Throughout June, the recipes will be scored by our judges.
Then, on July 1st, 2019, the selected winners will be announced.
- Participants may enter as many recipes as they would like.
- Our panel of judges will determine the top entries among those submitted.
- The winning recipe will be featured at our booth (#2871) at ANC in St. Louis alongside a banner displaying the winning school’s name, location, recipe, and name(s) of who submitted it!
- Must be made using a ProView / John Soules Foods product found on the K-12 Foodservice Product List.
- Must be your own creation.
- May contain a product from any of the school segments: breakfast, lunch, supper, snack.
- Must comply with all USDA school lunch guidelines.
- Must be a student-tested recipe.
There will be a total of 4 prizes awarded.
Two of the prizes will go to the school districts, and the other two will go to the brokers of the winning school districts.
- 1st place prize:
- $1,000.00 Amazon Gift Card, payable to school district
- $250.00 Visa Gift Card, payable to broker if your customer wins and your name is included on the contest form
- 2nd place prize:
- $500.00 Amazon Gift Card, payable to school district
- $100.00 Visa Gift Card, payable to broker if your customer wins and your name is included on the contest form
Recipes will be judged by our selected panel of judges. Recipes will be made by our staff and tasted for quality. They will rank all the recipes based on the following parts:
- Above all else, we want something that tastes great!
- How appealing is your recipe to the eye?
- How unique is your recipe? How unique is your use of the ProView/John Soules Foods product?
- Other Factors
- How easy (or difficult) was your product to make?
- Was it time consuming?
- Is the recipe affordable?
Submitting your Recipe
To submit your recipe to us, complete the form below. Please fill out all details to completion so we can accurately judge the recipe and efficiently contact participants as needed!
- Disclaimer: All materials to the Meet Me in St. Louis Recipe Contest will become property of ProView/John Soules Foods (JSF). By submitting such materials to ProView/JSF, entrant grants ProView/JSF the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide right to use the materials for all purposes in connection with their mission, including as part of the social media initiatives and publications. ProView/JSF shall retain the right to edit, adapt, or modify the recipe submission to fit within the USDA-guidelines.
- Participation: Participation in the Meet Me in St. Louis Recipe Contest constitutes an agreement by each entrant to comply with the Official Rules. ProView/John Soules Foods reserves the right to cancel or modify the Recipe Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the Recipe Contest.
- Limitations of Liability: By entering the Meet Me in St. Louis Recipe Contest, contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Recipe Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by the claimant, including costs associated with entering the Recipe Contest but expressly excluding claimant’s attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstance will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant herby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and ProView/John Soules Foods in connection with the Meet Me in St. Louis Recipe Contest, shall be governed by, and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions of any other jurisdiction that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. ProView/John Soules Foods will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other Recipe Contest materials. The headings are for convenience only. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- General Release: By entering the Meet Me in St. Louis Recipe Contest, you release ProView/John Soules Foods, its vendors or promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Recipe Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, right of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).